5 Ways To Reuse Your Candle Jar
Have a bunch of empty candle jars lying around that you're just not sure what to do with? Let's face it, they're too pretty to just throw away, so here are 5 ways to reuse your candle jars!
The first thing you'll have to do is remove all remaining wax from the candle jar. We find the easiest and most effective way to do this is by freezing it, simply place your candle jar in the freezer for several hours. Once frozen, the wax should pop right out of your candle jar (use a butter knife or spoon if it needs a little help out), then just give the inside a wipe with a damp cloth.
(WARNING - Don't allow hot water to come into contact with your candle jar, the pattern will come off and your candle jar will be left plain white).
1. Cotton buds (the bamboo type of course), they often don't come in the most aesthetically pleasing packaging. So why not change it up a bit and put them all in your empty candle jar? Not only will they be protected from dust by the silver lid they will also be conveniently out on your dressing table while discretely hidden away.
2. We know you eco-friendly humans love your reusable cotton pads so why not store them in style and do as good for your home aesthetic as you are for the environment. Once again, your silver lid will come in handy here, keeping dust away so that they're nice and clean ready to use on your lovely face.
3. Makeup brushes scattered all over your dressing table or just thrown in a drawer? Add some organisation to your life by using your empty candle jar to hold your makeup brushes. Simply fill your empty candle jar with beads (or not, it works just as well without) then pop the handle of each of your makeup brushes into the jar and there we have it, some beautifully organised makeup brushes displayed in a gorgeous jar.
4. Bathroom sink looking a bit dull? Add some pattern to your bathroom by using your empty candle jar as a toothbrush holder. It's as simple as that.
5. Earrings all fallen to the pits of your jewellery box never to be seen again? Bring those hidden beauties back into the spotlight using your empty candle jar. Take any dangly earrings, hook those ones onto the sides of your empty candle jar. Turn the larger part of the earring to the inside for a more subtle look or turn it to the outside to show them off. Then just pop any studs into the jar itself and you have yourself a nifty earring holder.
We'd love to see the creative ways which you lovely lot have reused your candle jars, so be sure to tag us on Instagram @daniledoofficial